On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 01:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> placing the log in ~/.maven makes sense, except when you run multiple
> mavens simultaneously.

Placing it in the current working directory doesn't make any more sense.
The --find option lets you run maven from pretty much anywhere in your
project tree. I tend to run it from within vi, and I tell vi to cd to
the package's source directory to make it easier to switch between
multiple files. That means I get maven.log in every directory where I
happen to do a build.

Having it go to ~/.maven or ${basedir} or /tmp or whatever would be much
more useful.

Frankly, it would be even *more* useful if maven didn't produce a log
file unless it had something useful to say. Generating two lines of
output every time - the same two lines that come at the end of the
normal console output - is dumb.