* Eric Pugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-11-11 11:49]:
> > --
> > dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> > Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
> > Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc
> >

> > Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> > on 10/11/2003
> > 03:38:49 AM:
> >
> > > * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-11-09 06:50]:
> > 09/11/2003

> > the source
> > code

> > source jar.

> > not the jar
> > >
> > > I will start working on it this week. It just seems to me that Maven
> > > ought to support the two inevitable output paths, debug and release,
> > > but after reading through java, jar, and dist, I'll be able to
> > > better comment.

Every user maintaining their own source is what I am trying to
elminiate with this.

It should be possible to pull down a jar of debug classes and a jar
of source files so that someone is able to trace into their project
dependencies. If this is standardized, these debug and source jars
can be kept on ibiblio.

Creating a source jar is not difficult. Users can just create a jar
using their favorite zip utility and put it in their local
repository. Or else, they can do as I have, and create ant scripts
to pull source from project repositories and build the debug and
source jars.

But keep taking about this, I'd love to get a dialog going.

--
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu - [EMAIL PROTECTED]