I'm producing a PMD report on my code, but I want to exclude some
classes that are generated by JavaCC, because it makes code analysers go
nuts. Just one parser produces two thousand violations... It seems that
a single exclusion pattern works fine, but as soon as I put in a comma
separated list all the exclusions are ignored. For example:

maven.pmd.includes=com/foo/project/**/*.java
maven.pmd.excludes=com/foo/project/package/SomeParser*.java

works fine, analysing everything except the SomeParser classes. However,

maven.pmd.includes=com/foo/project/**/*.java
maven.pmd.excludes=com/foo/project/package/SomeParser*.java,
com/foo/project/package/ADifferentParser*.java

causes the analyser to match as though only maven.pmd.includes was
specified.

Any ideas here, or should I head off to JIRA?

Cheers,

Nick

---
Research Engineer