Do report !

What did you experience with UTF-8... I think there's no test-case on the topic and I think it's kind of a shame to have this kind of imperfection when one, finally, decides on using a file-format where encoding can be always guaranteed... XML...

Paul

On Lundi, nove 24, 2003, at 11:19 Europe/Paris, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you, setting the encoding to iso-8859-1 works fine. Even though
it's kinda funny that the utf-8 doesn't.....

Cheers, simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Libbrecht [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Montag, 24. November 2003 10:50
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Umlaut in project site

Simon,

Be it XML (as opposed to some form of HTML), these entites don't exist.
But you you're free to define it. Try getting one of the parts of the
XHTML DTD.
However, it maybe simpler for you to have something more readable and
switch to an encoding aware policy:
- choose your encoding (for just German and English, iso-8859-1 should
do, I would recomment UTF-8): you will need your editors to edit these!
- set this as input and output encoding in the maven properties
- set this in the header of each XML-files

Do note that I had troubles with preciesly umlaute somewhere down the
jar road. But I may have omitted something in there.
If maven was perfect, settting the properties would actually be
useless... but we shall have to wait a bit for perfection.

Paul