I'm trying to make maven coexist peacefully with ant, and not having much
luck.

I'd like to use maven just for the website generation. I already have ant
files that compile, run junit, run javadoc, etc. Our developers all use ant,
and know how to maintain the ant build files. Please don't tell me not to
use ant -- that just isn't going to be a reality on this project!

In this particular case, I'd like to use ant to run javadoc, and use maven
to build the web site. I run my ant script to generate the javadoc to the
expected directory (./target/docs/apidocs, with a report in
./target/javadocs/report.txt). My project.xml contains:
<reports>
        <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
</reports>
That way the web site will have the junit link in its table of contents.

My maven.xml contains:
<goal name="javadoc:generate"/>
I was hoping this would prevent the javadoc plugin from running javadoc...
but it doesn't. It runs javadoc, overwriting what I did with ant. Is there
any way around this?

Thanks,
Daniel Rabe