Nathan Coast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 28/11/2003 03:05:20 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Is it 'expected' that cruisecontrol will be the defacto mechanism for
performing
> CI within maven?  In other words is it worth investing the time to learn

> cruisecontrol?

I don't know if it's worth *your* time, but it was up and going quickly
for me.

> As a cruisecontrol newbie I'm not sure where the boundaries of
cruisecontrol and
> maven overlap.  What I'm looking for is some way of schedulling cvs
checkout,
> build, deploy, test, email someone when it goes wrong.

It does that easily.

> Is there a more recent maven plugin for cruisecontrol?  I had a look at
the
> current plugin and the run method doesn't seem to do much :)
Who needs the run method?

I used the plugin to generate the config file and run CC by batch file on
our CI/testing box.

I had to tweak the CC plugin a bit as some of the property defaults make
no sense.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting