Christ-all-mighty --- I'll nip straight out to the closest park and shoot myself.

Error found - it was a CVS update error ...... on the maven-plugins project.

Going through the ant file I could see, that all plugins were supposed to be in the
maven-plugins project.Only they were not, even though cvs seemed to belive that my
local project was uptodate.
By doing a "replace from head", hey presto -- new plugins showing up, everything
working.

Thanks for your help - sorry about the waste of time.

/Doh.

br,
 /Sverre