De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: miércoles, 03 de diciembre de 2003 4:44
Para: Maven Users List
Asunto: Re: Support for NTLM proxy authentication?

That's good news.  What is Wagon and when is it going to be incorporated
into Maven?

Regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Jason van Zyl

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     Maven Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    .org>                cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Support for NTLM
proxy authentication?
                    03/12/2003

                    11:19 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Maven

                    Users List"

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 22:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> NTLM is a proprietary protocol designed by Microsoft.  Currently, I know
> that Jakarta Commons-HttpClient project is able to support NTLM
> authentication.  CVSGrab, for example, is using HttpClient to make HTTP
> connection, and hence it also implicitly support NTLM.
>
> I don't know how many proxy servers out there in the world is configured
> with NTLM authentication.  I do hope enough people can support me to make
> the NTLM feature possible in Maven.  Otherwise, people like me who is
> behind such proxy server would not be able to enjoy the benefits of
Maven.

Wagon, the new artifact project within Maven (the top-level Apache
project), uses httpclient so you'll probably get it for free when we
start using Wagon inside Maven (the tool you're using) itself.

> Regards,
> Eng Hoe
> App Dev-DCS
> SGX-IT Division
>
> DID: (65) 62368963
> FAX: (65) 64388840
> email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>                     Jason van Zyl

>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     Maven Users List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>                     .org>                cc:

>                                          Subject:     Re: Support for
NTLM proxy authentication?
>                     03/12/2003

>                     10:47 AM

>                     Please respond

>                     to "Maven

>                     Users List"

> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 21:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Our proxy server is using NTLM authentication.  Currently, Maven does
not
> > seems to support this kind of authentication protocol (correct me if I
am
> > wrong).  Hence, I am not able to download files from the remote
> repository,
> > which is quite essential in order to use Maven. Is there any plan to
add
> > support for NTLM authentication for future release?
>
> If I knew what NTLM authentication was and several users requested it
> then possibly but no one else has raised the issue.
>
> --
> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://tambora.zenplex.org

> Confidentiality Caution
> =======================
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If
> you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and
kindly
> notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
> information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
> deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
> authorised representative independent of this message.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tambora.zenplex.org