Brian,
I have just spent the past 3 days converting a bunch of my projects
from Ant to Maven.  Its not that tough, you just have to get used to
it.

For starters, there is a "war" target for Maven.  Also a "war:webapp".
These bundle up files in:
    project-home/src/webapp/
And, it takes anything in:
    project-home/src/main/resources/*
and puts it in:
    project-name/target/project-name/WEB-INF/classes/

To copy files from completely different places, I created my own
maven.xml, which is in the same directory as project.xml.

Here, you can override war:war, war:webapp, or run certain tasks
before or after they run.  So, you create a <postGoal name="war:webapp">
and have it do a few <ant:copy file="" todir=""/> and there you go.
If you want me to send you my file let me know.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it comes.  You could also turn
your maven.xml into a plugin and then you wouldn't need to copy your
maven.xml file into every project.

Charlie

Brian Burridge wrote:

Currently we do our builds with ANT, but I am attempting to move to
Maven.

During our deploy, depending on the ANT target you have chosen, it
copies files from different directories into the target before building
the WAR.

What do you recommend I do in Maven to accomplish building a WAR with
different included files? I could use Ant to build the target
directories, but that seems temporary. I'd prefer to be 100% Maven.

Brian