Not sure if its related, but in making the AndroMDA maven plugin work
(inside Eclipse), I found that I had to split up my Ant taskdef and its
invocation into 2 separate maven/jelly goals.

An init goal to do the taskdef and then a separeate goal to run the task.
The second goal declared the init goals as a prereq.

This was *only* when running maven from within Eclipse. When the exact same
maven project was run from a command-line I did not have any trouble

Matthew