Hi,

New to maven and looking to use within our project. However I have some questions
about dependencies:

The format of the location of a dependency seems very rigid i.e. :

${repo}/${groupId}/${type}s/${artifactId}-${version}.${type}

Yes the variables can change but not the format.

Can this be altered to a directory location somewhere.

The only way I can get round this is using build or project properties which are not
inheritable.

Also if your class file is dependent on another file in your project or another
project for compilation i.e. the other file is not in a jar file; how do you resolve
that dependency a none jar based dependency.

Regards
Stan