Greetings all.

I'm new to this list, and indeed to Maven also.
I'm currently evaluating Maven for use in our build system, and I've come
across a problem I haven't found a solution to in the docs - or through
googling
the web.

The problem is this;
I've selected the lowest level component in our system (a "common"
component) as
the "test subject". This component includes som InstallAnywhere gizmos as
well.
As you might be aware Install Anywhere's redistributable is in form of a
IAClasses.zip
file.
So I've added the following to the project.xml file:

    <dependency>
           <groupId>zerog</groupId>
           <type>zip</type>
           <artifactId>IAClasses</artifactId>
           <version>na</version>
           <url>lib/ext in VOB</url>
    </dependency>

This fails miserably with "cannot resolve symbol" errors during "maven
java:compile".

Renaming the ZIP to a JAR (and relocating in the repository, as well as
updating project.xml) makes
the "maven java:compile" finish successfullly..

I'm sure it's something obvious I've overlooked - but if someone could
help me I'd appreciate it
greatly.

Regards, Jan-Helge Bergesen
Software Developer TMN Group, Axxessit ASA | http://www.axxessit.no