You should check out the goals and properties for the war plugin.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/war/

There are some include/exclude properties that should help. You can also see which goals to create pre and post goals for.

Keith Irwin wrote:
Folks--

I'm trying to convert from ant to maven, but can't find anything about
how to use maven.xml to do some fancy stuff.

For instance, what I want to do is be able to filter out certain
classes, and use a different web.xml depending on the lifecycle of the
app.

Using the ant war task, I can do things like:

  <classes dir="${classes.dir}">
        <patternset refid="exclude.devel"/>
  </classes>

which removes all classes in "**/devel/** if devel.tweak is set.

I'm guessing that this kind of thing might be solved either by

 1. creating a new goal to generate the war file rather than
    using the default

or

2. using the resources stuff in project.xml.

My main question, though, is if anyone knows of any documentation about
this sort of thing somewhere on the maven site?

Thanks,

Keith