> So, now the tricky thing. I wanted to source out the
> dependencies-description of the subprojects into another
> xml-files, which are placed in the subfolders nearby the
> project.xml. Probably subproject b and c have the same dependencies...
> Now the problem: When I call maven on the subfolder for the
> subprojects, it works fine. When I call reactor, it will not find
> the external xml, which I included with the usual "<!DOCTYPE bla
> ... >"  ... "&bla;"-mechanism in the project.xml of the
> subproject. When I give an absolute path for this file, e.g. to a
> web-resource on a webserver, than it works fine. Unfortuately
> not, when I give a relative path (file:blubber.xml). Than the
> reactor overwrites obviously the ${basedir} of the subproject
> with the path of the mainproject. But I don't want to set
> file:subprojecta/blubber.xml.
>
> Is this a bug or did I forget something?

We have been unable to factor out our common definitions into DTDs because
of the exact same reason.Following the principle of least surprise, I would
expect the relative path to the DTD to be evaluated with respect to the
project.xml that actually contains the reference, not the basedir of some
other project. Why don't you file it as a bug on Jira and I will certainly
vote for it. The worst that could happen is that it is evaluated and denied.
I have seen several other threads go by that mention similar problems using
external XML, so I don't think we are alone...

David Zeleznik
Principal Architect
ILOG - Changing the rules of business
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]