I know that property files get loaded in this order:

  ${project.home}/project.properties
  ${project.home}/build.properties
  ${user.home}/build.properties

But are project.xml and maven.xml interpretted before or after the
properties are loaded? And at what point are a subproject's
project.xml and maven.xml interpretted?

I ask because a subproject which extends from the master project tries
to "inherit" the master's properties by placing this line in its
maven.xml:

  <util:properties file="${basedir}/../project.properties" trim="true" />

The master property file has this line:

  maven.xdoc.version = ${pom.currentVersion}

If I echo maven.xdoc.version and pom.currentVersion in a site preGoal,
the values are correct for the master project, and pom.currentVersion
is correct in the sub, but the value of maven.xdoc.version is
"pom.currentVersion". To me that indicates this order:

  sub's maven.xml (which explicitly loads the master properties)
  sub's project.xml (which extends the master project.xml)

Is that right? I'm starting to confuse myself. Could someone please
verify the order for me, or let me know where else to look? Thanks.

  Jeff

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]