I would recommend breaking your ejb interfaces into a separate project
(something like an ejb-client project).  I've got an example up on the maven
wiki if you want an example.  Feel free to comment if this setup works for
you or if you see any possible improvements.
http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingEjbApplications

Ryan