I'm trying to use ant on my machine (Windows 2000) for the first time.

I'm trying to build torque 3.1 project, but when I press
   'maven jar'
or 'maven -o jar:jar'

maven start to download a lot of jars from remote repo.

I have changed variable maven.repo.remote.enabled to false
 (I've tryed also with ""), but maven says that it can't
proceed because it doesn't have a jar. If I reinsert true to
the variable maven.repo.remote.enabled, maven restart to
download. I think it try to download all the remote repo content.
I can't permit this, because I will pay 2000 Euro in internet
connection :-)

I have searched in docs, faq, google & groups...

What I have made wrong?
Can u help me?

Thanks
Bye