Please include the trace output when running maven with the -X flag - something which is not obvious to you, may be to others.

It's quite likely you need a bunch of other xdoclet modules in your dependencies. It's been a while since I tried to use it (I use maven.xml and the ant task now), and I was using an older version of the plugin, but you may need to include dependencies for some or all of the following, depending on your webdoclet task and subtasks (copied verbatim out of my dependencies):

xdoclet-xdoclet-module*
xdoclet-ejb-module
xdoclet-jmx-module
xdoclet-web-module
xdoclet-jboss-module
xdoclet-xjavadoc*

* I think those marked with an asterisk are imported by the plugin now, but try them out anyway.

Also, this shouldn't make a difference, but use the newer syntax for dependencies where possible:

<dependency>
   <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
   <artifactId>xdoclet-web-module</artifactId>
   <version>1.2b4</version>
</dependency>

Finally, the xdoclet plugin is maintained by the xdoclet team, so xdoclet-user would probably be the best place to ask any more detailed questions.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Maciek Zywno wrote:

__matthewHawthorne wrote:

Maciek Zywno wrote:
> I tried to use xdoclet plugin, but the class definition for
> xdoclet.modules.web.WebDocletTask cannot be found.

Try running maven with the -X flag. Sometimes there are a chain of ClassNotFoundExceptions -- a class that the WebDocletTask depends on may be missing.

It doesn't help.

I have in project.xml dependency:
   <dependency>
      <id>xdoclet+web-module</id>
      <version>1.2b4</version>
   </dependency>

and I have xdoclet-web-module-1.2b4.jar in \.maven\repository\xdoclet\jars

Any suggestions what else can be wrong?

Regards