From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:08 AM
Subject: Réf. : RE: Making plugins a dependency

Xdoclet dependancies are not "plugin dependancies" but jar dependancies.
To make maven-xdoclet-plugin works you only need to declare this jar
dependance and not a "plugin" one.

Declare them with :
<dependency>
  <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
  <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.2</version>
</dependency>

Nicolas

Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
22/01/2004 10:55
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

        Pour :  "Maven Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc :
        Objet : RE: Making plugins a dependency

Eric Pugh wrote on Thursday, January 22, 2004 10:37 AM:

> Does this work with RC1 of Maven?  Or is this something added
> after RC1, and I should wait for RC2 before using heavily?
>
> Eric

I try it currently with RC2, but it does not work either:

 =========== snip=======
                 <!-- XDoclet dependencies -->
                                 <dependency>
 <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
 <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>
                                                 <version>1.0.2</version>
 <url>http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net</url>
                                                 <type>plugin</type>
                                 </dependency>
                                 <dependency>
 <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
 <artifactId>xdoclet</artifactId>
                                                 <version>1.2</version>
 <url>http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net</url>
                                                 <type>plugin</type>
                                 </dependency>
 [...]
 =========== snap=======

get:

 =========== snip=======
 $ maven multiproject:site
  __  __
 |  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
 | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
 |_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc2-SNAPSHOT

 You are working offline so the build will continue, but
maven-junit-report-plugin-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar may be out of date!
 Attempting to download xjavadoc-1.0.2.jar.
 WARNING: Failed to download xjavadoc-1.0.2.jar.
 Attempting to download xdoclet-1.2.jar.
 WARNING: Failed to download xdoclet-1.2.jar.
 Attempting to download xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2.jar.
 WARNING: Failed to download xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2.jar.
 Attempting to download xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2.jar.
 WARNING: Failed to download xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2.jar.
 [...]