From: Brian Burridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 5:33 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: war:clean goal does not delete the war

When I run war:clean, it removes the webapp directory, but does not
remove the war, instead giving an error. The reason is that war:clean
uses ${maven.war.final.name}, which gets set in war:init (not called if
you just do war:clean.) Therefore the maven.war.final.name is null.

I have changed war:clean in my version to use ${pom.artifactId}.war
instead of ${maven.war.final.name}, which works for my needs. I don't
know if this is the best solution though.

Brian N. Burridge