-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Flesner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 4:04 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: multiproject:artifact

>we use multiproject:artifact to build multiple components. but, for our
ejb's we need to build the ejb and the client jars.
>i tried adding maven.multiproject.type=ejb-client but the build errors
trying to build target ejb-client:ejb-client. if you change the type to ejb
it just >builds the bean jar. any workarounds here? why doesn't
multiproject:artifact just build the default goal that's in maven.xml?

becouse most of the project do not have it and there is no reason for that.

What you can do is to use the following layout:

ejb
ejb-client

ejb-client will have maven.multiproject.type=jar

and

<sourceDirectory>../ejb/src/main/java</sourceDirectory>

So basically the same java sources will shared by both projects and
ejb-client.type = "jar"

Michal