The following goal works well for running a Java application from Maven.
I'm surprised there is nothing like this in the java plugin.  Do I really
have to write this myself for every project that needs it or is there
already something supplied with Maven to do this?

  <goal name="run">
    <attainGoal name="java:compile"/>

    <path id="cp">
      <pathelement location="${maven.build.dest}"/>
      <path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
    </path>

    <java classname="${mainClass}" classpathref="cp" fork="true"/>
  </goal>

A.G. Edwards & Sons' outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.