Hi

I have installed cygwin and SSHD. This works fine, instead of deploying snapshots. Because on Windows there isn't a chance to create symbolic links. If you create symbolic links on windows, cygwin will create a .ink file. But if you change the deploy plugin, it is possibly to create hardlinks. Hardlinks are real copies.

Hope this helps

Heiko

Jeffrey, Rashid wrote:

Hi

Our team's remote repository lives on a Windows machine. By issuing a
<jar:deploy> goal I get this error which seems to be expecting a target Unix
machine:

Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: ssh -l rashid
//ost-java-dev/javadch
ome "mkdir -p //ost-java-dev/javadchome/respository/com.sky.utils/jars"
error=2

Although this goal doesn't work for me:
<jar:deploy>      invokes <deploy:artifact>

...these goals work fine:
<ejb:deploy>      invokes <artifact:deploy>
<war:deploy>      invokes <artifact:deploy>
<ear:deploy>      invokes <artifact:deploy>

NOTE: <deploy:artifact> vs. <artifact:deploy>

As a work around, I have written a postGoal for <jar:jar> that calls
<artifact:deploy>, which successfully uploads the jar to the remote
repository, but it's not a satisfactory long term solution.

How can I deploy jars to our remote repository in the same way that we do
for ears/ejbs/ears?

Thanks, Rashid.

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may
not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone.

Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communication through our internal and external networks.

Heiko Kundlacz   | MailTo:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Qnamic AG        | Tel:      +41 62 209 7056
Fabrikstr. 10    | Natel:    +41 78 861 4006
4614 Haegendorf  | Fax:      +41 62 209 7044
Switzerland      | Homepage: http://www.qnamic.com