PMD reports have been broken for a few weeks now, not PMD itself but maven's plugin:plugin I believe. Something to do with new maven plugin setting that broke old stuff or something or other. There are posts about it from a few weeks back. I think everyone is saying to just wait on PMD reports til rc2 is out. I could be wrong though, please correct me if I am.

 cheers,
   Ryan