When running the multiproject, theere seem to be only one JVM, so the
current directory is the root folder, and it does not change. If you try
to find log4J in the current directory it won't find it because youre
searching one level higher.
You cans place a copy of the ifle in the root project folder, or use the
fork option, with the maven.junit.fork=true property. You may also need
to specify the maven.junit.dir (I don't remember why exactly, something
quyte specific). This will cause the Junit test to run in a separate JVM
that will be lauched in each different project folders. This assumed you
used log4J and that cause the failure in the test.