If you want to look for yourself, you can find the path setup in the
$MAVEN_HOME/bin/{maven.bat,maven} scripts. These basically setup the
classpath to be $MAVEN_HOME/lib and the endorsed classpath to be
$MAVEN_HOME/lib/endorsed.

If you look at the endorsed classpath dir, you should find a version of
xerces in there, I think.

Cheers,
John

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 11:38, Sonnathi, Venkat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new Maven user. So please excuse me if this is a very naive/dump
> question:
>
> I have created a small project which refers to Xerces classes and in the
> project.xml I have not specified the xerces.jar as the dependency and when I
> do a jar:jar goal it compiles and creates a jar with my classes. So, I am
> assuming that there is a certain default classpath which maven has - Can
> someone throw some light on this.
>
> Thanks,
> --Venkat.

John Casey