Carlos give a look at the following project

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator-geronimo/

in particular in the etc directory there is a common maven.xml file for
common functionality used by any component to be built. I found an
instructive example

Regards

Michele

|         |           "Carlos"         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           sas.net>         |
|         |           Sent by: "Carlos |
|         |           Sanchez"         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           usas.net>        |
|         |           13/04/2004 19:56 |
|         |           "Maven Users     |
|         |           List"            |

  |        To:                                         "'Maven Users List'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>                             |
  |        cc:                                         (bcc: Michele Forte/SwissRe)
                                          |
  |        bcc:                                        Michele Forte/SwissRe
                                          |
  |        Subject:                                    Extending project and
inheriting project.properties and maven.xml         |

I have subprojects with project.xml extending a base project.xml

<project>
   <extend>${basedir}/../../common/project.xml</extend>

But properties defined in the superproject' project.properties are not
available to subprojects.

The only way to do this was define properties in the base maven.xml with
j:set

<j:set var="maven.compile.executable">jikes</j:set>

But then they can't be overriden by the project.properties in the
subprojects. I think that it can be solved with a j:if for each property
but
is there an easy way?

Also if I have two levels of inheritance, the top level maven.xml is not
inherited, only the second level one. I tried with jelly tags "include" and
"import" but preGoals and postGoals don't seem to be available.

Help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender