I've been having a lot of issues with XDOC since upgrading to maven-1.0-rc2 (both
bootstrap and binary 1.0-rc2), and it may just be my install.

As a usecase, running 'maven ear' with <property name="maven.ear.appxml.generate"
value="true"/> creates an ear application.xml file that contains this segment:

==snip==
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<x:doctype systemId="http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd"; name="application"
publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN">
</x:doctype>
<application>
</application>
==end snip==

obviously, the x:doctype was not converted correctly, and I have similar problems with
changelog and sitegen that are along the same lines.  Has anyone else seen these
problems and happen to know how to correct my install?

maven 1.0-rc2 (bootstrap and binary installs have same problem)
Win2000
Sun Java 1.4.2, recently upgraded to 1.4.2_04 (did not change results)

Gone from maven beta-8 up, first major usage stop with my projects.

thanks,
-D