--- Webb Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been thinking about what Konstantin said below:
>
> And you always have option to use ant invokation for
> xdoclet tasks un your maven.xml  - this is prefererd
> way for xdoclet 2 ( at least there is no maven
> plugin
> planned, because everything got easier )
>
> It seems to me, that no matter how much easier
> things got with the new XDoclet 2 way of doing
> things, that wrapping up that functionality in a
> plugin would still be preferable.  That way, you
> wouldn't have to keep writing the same snippet of
> maven.xml over and over again for each project
> that used XDoclet. Perhaps my ignorance of how easy
> things in XDoclet 2 are going to be is at
> fault here, but there are plugins available for
> lot's of "easy" tasks (JAR for instance) that make
> life much simpler.

That's my invocation of xdoclet 2 in maven:
---%<---------------
  <goal name="xdoclet-all">
        <path id="xdoclet.task.classpath">
                        <pathelement location="${basedir}/src/main/merge"/>
                        <pathelement location="${basedir}/src/test/"/>
            <path refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
        </path>

                <taskdef
                        name="xdoclet"
                        classname="org.xdoclet.ant.XDocletTask"
                        classpathref="xdoclet.task.classpath"
                />
       <xdoclet>
            <fileset
dir="${pom.build.sourceDirectory}">
                <include name="**/*.java"/>
            </fileset>

         <component

classname="org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.HibernateMappingPlugin"

destdir="${basedir}/target/xdoclet/hibernatedoclet"
              />
          <component

classname="org.xdoclet.plugin.webwork.ViewsPropertiesPlugin"

destdir="${basedir}/target/xdoclet/webdoclet"
              />
          <component

classname="org.xdoclet.plugin.externalizer.MessageBundlePlugin"

destdir="${basedir}/target/xdoclet/xdoclet"
              />
          <component

classname="org.xdoclet.plugin.externalizer.PropertiesTranslatorPlugin"

destdir="${basedir}/target/xdoclet/xdoclet"
              />
        </xdoclet>

        <path id="xdoclet.java.compile.src.set"
location="${basedir}/target/xdoclet/xdoclet"/>
        <maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"
refid="xdoclet.java.compile.src.set"/>
  </goal>
---%<----------------

As you may see ( or not :) ) ant task for xdoclet-2
is basically a picocontainer, where you just drop
components you deem appropriate.

( and you may as well use several instances of same
task )

Yes, it's possible to wrap in plugin, but it would
require a lot of properties to set up....

I prefer this way. Though taskdef part could be
factored out.

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich