Is there a *nice* way to download artifacts from a remote repository other then by defining it in a project.xml.
For example when I develop with eclipse and would like to use another api I have to go to the ibiblio homepage, download it and create an appropriate folder structure in my .maven/repository not to mention that I don't download the POM.

There exists a maven plugin:download, is there also a maven artifact:download?

thanks,
Andreas