I'm trying to create a site:scriptdeploy goal that will run a custom script to deploy a site (in my case, I need to use WebDAV to put files onto the server and I really don't have time to write the plugin).

So I'm editing the plugin.jelly for maven-site-plugin-1.5, and I've added the goal. That's working without a problem. Where it has issues is in the exec call:

<exec dir="${basedir}" executable="${maven.site.deploy.script.executable}" failonerror="true">
<arg line="${maven.site.deploy.script.arguments}">
</exec>

I've defined the properties in my project.properties file; the script sits in the same directory. However, when I run maven site:scriptdeploy to test the setup, I get:

Execute failed: java.io.IOException: cadaver_site_deploy.sh: not found

If I change my exec call to

<exec executable="${basedir}/${maven.site.deploy.script.executable}" failonerror="true">
<arg line="${maven.site.deploy.script.arguments}">
</exec>

The build succeeds. So, on one hand, I could do it that way, but it's non-portable (Windows vs. UNIX file separators). It occurs to me that I might be misunderstanding the meaning of the dir attribute, and I haven't been able to find the documentation that describes it. Any insights, or is this better suited to the developer list?

Thanks!

Mark

PS. Regarding my previous post, I was finally able to get maven to download it's maven.jar file by reinstalling it (dunno what was wrong with the first instal though); and I found a post somewhere that pointed out the need to set the changelog system to use svn instead of cvs.