One more time: - use POM to documenting dependencies of your version of
struts (put it ${repo}/struts/poms/struts-1.1.pom).

Once we will have a version of maven which supports transitive dependencies
(we should have it soon) you won't be even required to declare indirect
dependencies in your projects POM.
You will have to only declare dependency on given version of struts. Struts
own dependencies will be resolved by Maven.

Michal