Visvanath, Sridhar (Cognizant) wrote:

Forget the mail (see fwded mail below) that I had sent to u today. I deployed the jetspeed war file successfully to my tomcat.

ok...no problem

If I have to use maven,
can I download dependent artifacts and keep it on my machine and thus prevent maven
from looking up
from www.ibiblio.com

when you use maven, it checks for the necessary dependencies and if it does not find these artifacts in your local repository, it downloads them to your machine (storing them in your local repository)...if you use maven again later, these artifacts are already stored in your machine so it won't download them again...in other words, maven only downloads the artifacts once, if it can't find them, if it sees an artifact in your repository, it does not download it again so build times become faster

hope this clears up a few thinngs

Regards,

Henry S. Isidro
Software Engineer