Have you run multiproject:install so all jars/wars/ears have been made for
the site goal to use to generate reports?

If appEJB's pom extends app's pom, it might be because of not using
${basedir} as a prefix. For example: ...>/src/java<...

What's the output? Maybe the javadocs report failed because the command line
was to long (there is a fix for that by writing them to a file), maybe other
things failed.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey