In that example "ant" in "ant:mkdir" in a namespace. I didn't include
the top of my maven.xml file which goes like this.

<project default="java:compile"
      xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
      xmlns:j="jelly:core"
      xmlns:util="jelly:util">

What those xmlns lines do are bind libraries to specific namespaces.
jelly:ant is the library that has all the ant tags, and it's bound to
"ant" so now ant:mkdir should work just fine. I could have put
xmlnx:fred="jelly:ant" then fred:mkdir would have made the cut. I didn't
include the bindings I used in my example. So that one was my fault.

-vito