Yes I think that you can have some problems.

The stable branch is MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH.

Brett regularly merges changes from 1.0 branch to HEAD but depending when
you retrieved your 1.1 snapshot you can face up to problems with maven core.

I recommend to you to get maven 1.0 RC2 or a more recent snapshot from the
1.0 branch.

Arnaud