Hi,

You're writing "remote jboss server"; is the jboss instance on a
remote server? If that's the case, cargo cannot start/stop it, that
can only be done on a local instance. (However, your current script
binds to localhost, so maybe your saying 'remote' out of a Maven
instance jvm perspective?)

It's my opinion that cargo is the best choice as it gives you a
unified interface, independent of app server. However, there is also a
JBoss AS specific plugin:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-maven-plugin/

In the past, I've used a mix of these two plugins to get things
rocking (that was before v1.0 of cargo).

/Anders