Hi guys,

One of the fellows working on my project is suddenly having a problem
with one module.  We've narrowed down the problem, but I have no idea
why it's happening.  One of the resources in the "test/resources" tree
gets filtered with the ${project.build.directory}.  In his case, he gets
a lot of escaped backslashes.  (It's on Windows XP.)  The rest of us are
all on some flavor of Unix.  So, we don't see this.  In this case, the
filtered value comes out as:

    C\:\\workspace\\salient\\salient-persistence\\

When our functional tests attempt to use this directory to locate a
file, it fails.  What I can't figure out is why these characters are
being escaped.  This only started recently, but I can't isolate a change
that might have caused it.

Anyone got some wisdom that will help?
Thanks,
Dave