Hi Robert,

javax.xml.stream was added to the JDK @1.6 (6) - could it be that you are building locally with a 1.6 JDK whereas your CI server is using 1.5 (which I don't think covers this dependency in the JDK)?

I know you have detailed some info contra to that, but it seems the most likely reason to me. Either way I'm pretty sure this dep is not in JDK 1.4 on your server, which would explain the missing dep. Double-check your local/remote build JDKs.

Best
Brett

robert.kl...@innovations.de wrote:
Hi,

I have a strange experience with a missing dependency. The problem
occurred when upgrading spring-ws-core to version 1.5.7. In that version
they changed a dependency from stax:stax-api to
javax.xml.stream:stax-api.

This change worked fine on my machine (yeah, I know) but broke the build
on our ci server, as the new dependency resolved to stax-api-1.0-2.jar
which is built with Java 1.5 and not 1.4 (which we unfortunately must
support).

The interesting thing: when calling mvn dependency:tree on the server
showed the dependency but it did not appear on my machine

This of course would explain, why the build worked locally.

Can anybody explain this difference in dependency resolution?

Some details
- The server is running Linux with Maven 2.0.9 and Java 1.5
- I'm using Windows XP with Maven 2.1.0 (but also tried 2.0.9 with same
result) and Java 1.6
- Same Repositories
- Server and Windows should use Java 1.4 for building
- It is mulit-module project
- In the project is a transitive dependency to stax:stax-api in version
1.0.1 (this version was used by spring-ws-core before the upgrade)

Cheers,

Robert Klaus
Business Rules Management