Thank you for responding,

Using a property mitigates the issue, but only slightly. It seems
rather silly that I have declared a specific version within
<dependencyManagement> just to have it ignored when listing a specific
<dependency> of a specific <plugin>. I realize that project building
is different than a plugin's classpath, however, I've gone out of my
way to list GAV coordinates within dependencyManagement -- it doesn't
seem to be a punishment fitting of the crime to require that I also
set a version when one is already available in another section, albeit
somewhat philosophically unrelated.

The main goal here is that I want to unpack a m-remote-resource-p
created bundle and use the output within a plugin. I do not want to
have this dependency otherwise placed into any generated artifacts for
that module, e.g. the war. However, I need it to be available for the
plugin to operate properly. Perhaps I've misunderstood one of the
dependency scopes that would allow this behavior... I dunno. Either
way, it feels wrong that Maven requires me to code this information...
ugh.

-jesse