Hi,

I am using the maven-dependency-plugin to build a big jar file out of direct
dependencies (code below). If that big jar file is a dependency of another
project all direct dependencies are also copied over. I just want to copy the
transitive dependencies of the big jar file.

I tried to mark the dependencies of the big jar file with scope "provided" but
then also the transitive dependency got marked as "provided".

I am at wits' end now. Can the big jar file mark direct dependencies as
"provided" but copy the dependencies of it as its own dependencies somehow?

regards

Thomas

<plugin>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>unpack-dependencies</id>
      <phase>process-resources</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
        <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/classes</outputDirectory>
        <excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>
        <excludes>
          LICENSE*, NOTICE*, META-INF/LICENSE*, META-INF/NOTICE*,
          license, license/**/*, test, test/**/*,
          WEB-INF/web.xml,
          WEB-INF/log4j.*,
          WEB-INF/lib, WEB-INF/lib/**/*,