On 5 Aug 2009, at 14:10, Stephen Connolly wrote:

if you think about this a bit more you will realise that what you are asking for does not make sense (unless you are trying to configure the plugin that
you are executing.

if you specify a plugin:mojo, then only that plugin:mojo will get executed. Adding other executions of other plugins to a profile and activating that profile will have ZERO effect on what happens, as only the plugin:mojo that
you specified will be executed.

That's not actually the case. For jetty:run, it executes all phases up to compile before executing jetty:run.

try telling us a bit more about what your problem is and perhaps somebody can point you towards a solution.... but it sounds like you really want maven to be more like ant... maven is not ant, if you want ant use ant ;-)

Sorry, I thought I'd been clearer in my original email.

-Dom

-Stephen