> can you not put your password in a property defined in your
> ~/.m2/settings.xml file and then reference that property in your scm
> config section?
Writing passwords into poms is surely always a dirty hack and using the private
settings.xml is a good point indeed.

But on a CI server, the CI user usually is accessible by a lot of people.
Storing private credentials imho simply doesn't work in this case.

Otoh, for shadow password functionality, I fear this won't work since there is
no way to restore the original password for sending it to the SCM system.

Imho the best way would be to create an own user for the CI system in the SCM
which only has readonly access.

LieGrue,
strub