Download from the internet was one of my biggest "fear" as well
as versions of underying poms/jars could change which would affect
reproducibilty. Additiionally, download from internet could mean you
might not be able to build at all if some external site cound not be
reached or someone else released a bad version of something.

Happily, with a locally maintained artifacory which is configured to
not automatically look for newer versions we do not have these
types of problems (any more).

Regards, Gord