Some artifacts don't exist in the central repository, due to license issues.
So you need to follow the instructions and download these manually.
Or, if you don't need these (transitive) dependencies you could exclude
them. For instance, log4j has dependencies to jms stuff. However, if you're
not going to use log4j together with jms you don't need the (transitive) jms
dependencies. So you could exclude it. Check the pom xml schema for the
syntax (or google, there has been several mails about this before).

/Anders