2009/8/20 Sven Preßler <sven.press...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/20 Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
>
>> 2009/8/12 Sven Preßler <sven.press...@gmail.com>:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm currently using maven 2.0.9.
>> > I've got a project X which uses a Plugin my-plugin with version
>> > 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>> > How do I force maven to update this plugin from the repository, no matter
>> > what?
>> > I tried the following: make some changes to the plugin, build it with
>> > and upload the newly created .jar to the repository.
>>
>> how exactly are you doing the upload?
>>
>> There is maven metadata that needs to be updated, if you are not using
>> a repository manager that knows how to do this, and are instead
>> uploading by hand, then this would completely explain your problems
>>
>> -Stephen
>>

> I'm uploading via a svn commit.
> I commit the .jar and I also commit updated versions of the two
> maven-metadata-local.xml files (I edit the timestamp <lastUpdated/> by hand)
> Are there other files involved that need to be changed?

Aha!

You are doing it all wrong!

Remote repositories and local repositories are not the same thing.

You cannot use a local repository as a remote repository.

The short answer is get yourself a good repository manager (e.g. nexus
or artifactory)

The long answer is get yourself a good repository manager or else use
a webdav based repository and deploy to it only using the maven deploy
plugin (i.e. deploy:deploy-file or deploy:deploy)

If you insist on doing what you are doing then you will end up with
the issues you are seeing

-Stephen