Hi

I'm not quite sure with what kind of combination of plugins (release, versions,
reactor, ?) and commands I would be able to do the following as described below.
Any help is appreciated!

I have a project with different modules. Now I want to release the whole
project. The project has a SNAPSHOT version, and every module can have its own
independent SNAPSHOT version, but of course depends on the project's SNAPSHOT
as parent.
Every module should be released separately, which means I need it as an
artifact with the released version in the repo and I also need a corresponding
tag and branch in the SCM. Then it needs to be updated to the next SNAPSHOT of
choice (incrementing major or minor or bugfix).
The modules partially depend on each other, so I need to release them in the
correct sequence (which normally would be done by the Maven Reactor), otherwise
the release dependency isn't found in the repo.
However, they also need to depend on the released parent - but how can I
release it without the modules?

Best regards,
Eric