Ok, (sub-)moduls of a project are not (that project's) dependencies. Two
different things. This is the key thing here.
What you need to do is to define dependencies to all of your dependencies.
Your dependencies' dependencies (aka transitive dependencies) will be
included automatically.
So, in your case, you need to define a dependency to all of the artifacts
that were produced by those sub-modules. If you actually do depend on all of
them, which I kind of doubt. If you think carefully, I believe that your
dependency is just to a few of those artifacts. (Then, those artifacts could
have dependencies to some of the other artifacts, but that will be included
automatically by transitive dependencies.)

You could use the dependency plugin to check that you haven't defined to
many (or few) dependencies. Very good tool!
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html

/Anders