Hi,

I'm trying to create an EAR from my WAR file. The WAR itself works perfectly.
Now I expected ear:ear will simply create my EAR file. (It is supposed to
consist only of this one web module.) Unfortunately the WAR is exploded in the
EAR's root.

I searched in the archives but it seems people usually want to have it the other
way around. I also tried configuring the ear plugin by declaring the web module

  <modules>
    <webModule>
      <groupId>my.project</groupId>
      <artifactId>project-web</artifactId>
      <bundleFileName>project-web.war</bundleFileName>
    </webModule>
  </modules>

Now it chokes on missing dependency on the project-web artifact. Does that mean
I need a separate project just for the EAR?

My pom.xml:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"; xmlns:xsi="..."
  xsi:schemaLocation="...">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>my.project</groupId>
  <artifactId>project-web</artifactId>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>My Project</name>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>

<applicationXml>src/main/resources/META-INF/application.xml</applicationXml>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>