Mark Howard wrote:
Hi,

We're using maven for most of our java development projects but need to integrate with some native code. We have a build system that can build dlls and shared objects and have integrated this into a maven build so that it creates a jar containing the dlls or shared objects. The problem is that this needs one maven project for each platform that we support, which means there's quite a lot of overhead to update the native builds. I've read about using platform classifiers as a way to allow the builds for each platform to be done from a single maven project, but I can't see how this could be used with the release plugin. For each release, I need the project to be built on every platform (i.e. separate builds).

Any ideas on any better ways of releasing native code on multiple platforms?

You are looking for profiles with OS activation: http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html